Between a faulty plugin that goofed up my site and a computer that doesn’t work I have been very behind in updating content to my site. Enough is enough! I have ordered a new computer so by the end of the month I should have all web site issues fixed. So please check back for new and updated content, links that function correctly and regular updates.
Due to a plugin I am having technical difficulties with my website. I will try to have it fixed asap. Any questions please feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your patience.
Coming up on Christmas and I am as busy as ever. I have a full roster of custom necks, ukulele, electric guitar and bass builds and some other custom woodworking projects. Been working on the shop. My table saw broke beyond repair a few months ago but did some work and trade for a vintage Craftsman table saw that my dad has restored.
If you haven’t seen yet, I am discontinuing the Acoustic Strap Secure. I may get a small machinist lathe and make them in house and continue selling them on a retail level only direct from my website. My friend over at The Rock Slide have been making the mini version in brass and nickel plate. I fully endorse his product. There is possibly bigger plans in effect for the Acoustic Strap Secure in the coming year, so please check back for that.
Thanks for sticking with me all these years. Hope to have 6 electric guitars, 4 electric bass and 3 ukuleles ready to sell next year.
I now have the purchase page for the Acoustic Strap Secure up and running. It is not as sleek as before as PayPal doesn’t seem to have the PayPal Buttons like they used to. So for now there is an “add to cart” button after each photo for each model of Acoustic Strap Secure. The shopping cart appears on the left and should be easy enough to change quantities or delete as necessary.
The new website is still under construction but is coming together nicely. I hope to have the shopping cart set back up this weekend for purchases of the Acoustic Strap Secure. Thank you all for your patience.
Marc @ MD Luthiery
Got an order for 8 more custom necks. Doing a couple LP style bolt-ons, 4 tilt-back Tele style bolt-ons, a 5 string P-Bass style bolt on and a Rickenbacker style bolt on bass neck, The bass necks have a zebra wood head cap on one and an ebony head cap on the other. The fingerboards are bocote and ebony (the bass fingerboards are not pictured.)
I built this ukulele 5 years ago. The owner brought it back after someone had stepped on it. Originally it had a Koa top on it. I did not have another piece of Koa large enough so I changed it up a bit with this nice tight grain fir. The original top only had 2 transverse braces and bridge plate. I was able to salvage the original redwood transverse braces then added the fir sound hole patch, redwood “A” braces and a fir bridge plate. Salvaged the original binding as well. Then to prevent further accidents I built a case for it. Still have to add feet, latches, a neck rest and the fitted foam interior and lining. Will share more when complete.
UPDATE: The repair work and case are complete!
Had a customer bring in this ’89 Charvel for a re-finish. The black and cream tiger stripe was kind of cool but for one the string ferrules and bridge inserts were painted over and the finish was sticky. The lining from the case was sticking to the end of the guitar and the back of the neck as well some dents in the back of the neck and finish worn off where it was hanging near the head stock. Not knowing what was going on under the finish I dug into it and found the original finish underneath. After some research found out that it was originally transparent purple. So that is where the guitar is headed once again. I am doing nitrocellulose lacquer instead of the polyester finish that was used in the factory. But so far the customer is super excited about the progress. Hope to be done with finish coats by the end of next week then after some drying time it’ll get buffed out and put back together.[ngg src=”galleries” ids=”23″ display=”basic_thumbnail” thumbnail_crop=”0″]
Due to difficulties with my manufacturer, as of now the entire line of Acoustic Strap Secure will be discontinued. I have been seeking a new manufacturer but it has been difficult to find one that will work with me on a small order basis. If anyone has any leads or suggestions please feel free to contact me so that I may continue manufacturing and selling the Acoustic Strap Secure. It has been over 5 years since I sold my first Acoustic Strap Secure. Thanks to everyone for your support.